The 3rd Annual New York International Wine Competition (“NYIWC”) is now accepting entries. It will be taking place on May 5th-6th 2012 at the 3 West Club located in the heart of New York City. This is the only international wine competition where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the wine by its category and actual price.
The competition is also exhibiting at ProWein this year at Hall 6 E02 showcasing some of its previous winners, offered at no charge to the inners.
• The competition is open to any international winery whose products are commercially available in their country of origin.
• All wines are judged by a group of TRUE key trade targets – wine focused buyers, restaurant & bar sommeliers, retail stores owners/buyers, restaurant & bar owners, distributors & importers, etc… Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions make an immediate impact and have the ability to directly influence sales and a brand’s bottom line.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a wine will be judged in its category along with other wines in the same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, a $15 Cabernet will be judged against a $20 Cabernet and not a $45 Cabernet. The judges will also know the set retail price of the wine beforehand they taste and rate.
• Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which samples are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• While other recognized competitions prize up to 85% of entrants, the discerning panel and ethos of the NYIWC is to award the brands that are most deserving and not everyone that enters the competition. Last year, the NYIWC awarded less than 40% of its entrants.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The NYIWC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the NYIWC site with their image and link to their website.
• The results of the NYIWC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons.
• Medal winners will be receiving a medal representing their win at no additional charge and option to purchase stickers to showcase their medal win.
• Media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners.
• There will be a final GRAND TASTING/MEDIA/CONSUMER EVENT for the winners’ after the competition to showcase the best of contest. There is no additional charge for the medal winners to participate in this highly visible event.
Each entry starts at $85 per submission by submitting online
Or download the form below
The competition is pleased to again be working with Western Carriers. If your importer or distributor uses Western Carriers in NJ you will be able to transfer your submissions to our account with no additional shipping charges. Please check the list at www.westerncarriers.com/links.html
Western Carriers- BLD #1-MB
Attn: Nest Egg/Joel Rubin/Acct #707
New York International Wine Competition
2220 91st Street
North Bergen, NJ 07047
Please feel free to contact our customs broker if you need brokerage assistance at email@example.com. They are working with Western Carriers.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY:
The deadline for receipt of entry is April 30th, 2013
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit us http://www.nyiwinecompetition.com/
v. 9173380163 x 1