With the dawn of a new year comes a new chance for your brand to shine. Whether you're playing in the alcohol or non-alcohol space (or both even), you are cordially invited to submit your product to our third-annual BevStar Awards competition. It's our annual celebration of innovation across all of the major beverage categories. And the best part? It's absolutely free to enter, aside from whatever shipping costs you need to incur to get a sample of your product to our judging team.
Since this is about innovation, we ask that your product be new(ish). That means it should have been launched no earlier than Sept. 2011. If it hasn't been launched yet, that's fine. As long as you've got a product, a package and a plan to roll it out before summer 2013, it's eligible. (The product has to exist. Ideation is great, but execution is critical.)
Once again, we'll be awarding gold, silver and bronze awards in the following categories:
• Carbonated Soft Drinks
• Water/Enhanced Water
• Functional Beverages (including sports drinks, but not including energy drinks—those get their own category. We got a ton of energy entries last year.)
• Energy Drinks
• Mead, Cider and Sake
• Ready-to-Drink Tea & Coffee
We'll also present special achievement awards for marketing innovation, social media initiatives and environmental sustainability.
To enter, please e-mail the following to email@example.com :
1. Product Name
2. Parent Company Name
3. Contact Info (address, phone & e-mail)
4. High-resolution product image
5. A brief description of the product and why you believe it should win a BevStar award.
6. The names of any packaging, label design, ingredient and branding companies or individuals that helped develop or market your product.
If your product passes the written test, we'll send you instructions on where to ship product samples for the practical test. We ask that you limit the samples to one bottle/can/carton/etc. per product entered.
Keep in mind, tasting is only one component of our selection process. Your product has to offer the whole package, which includes, well, the package and its overall market positioning.
The submission deadline is March 1. Winners will be notified by June 1 and we'll showcase winning products in the July 2013 issue of Beverage World.
If you've got any questions you can e-mail me directly.
We're looking forward to your entries!